ABR offers an internship for Wharton MBA students who are veterans of U.S. Armed Forces. The internship provides classic investment and business decision-making circumstances to students who may not have had those experiences. Students are given the opportunity to participate in key transactional activities and gain exposure to risk mitigation, value creation, and investment thesis execution.
Additional details include:
- Students are paired with an ABR Acquisitions Officer for the semester.
- Primary duties include assisting with underwriting, due diligence, and investment committee presentations for real estate acquisitions.
- The internship is structured to accommodate the school schedule with the expectation that most work would be completed on Fridays.
- Students would also be invited to weekly acquisition meetings, quarterly asset management meetings, and periodic Investment Committee meetings.
- All meetings are available via videoconferencing; students are not required to travel to Baltimore, although they are welcome to do so.
- Students are also asked to participate in ABR’s Chesapeake Scholars mentoring program.
- The internship is a twelve-week program for the fall and spring semesters.
- The fall internship focuses on second-year students; the spring internship focuses on first-year students.
- Qualifications for application are limited to being a veteran of U.S. Military Services and a full-time Wharton MBA student.
Interested students should email their college resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line Wharton Internship for Veterans.